I've had several assessments in the past few months and now the counseling department at GSU has finally come up with a diagnosis: Bipolar type II.
Bipolar II is similar to Bipolar I in that I have episodes of highs and lows, although I will have have full mania. My up episodes, hypomania, are usually when I am loud, energetic, extremely social, and full of thoughts & ideas that bounce around my skull rapidly. This is to be followed shortly by depressive episodes where I feel worthless and suicidal.
Anyway, they want to start me on zoloft to help with the depression. This is risky bc it possibly triggers episodes of hypomania.
I just hope I don't become a raging douche bag while I'm on meds, or try to kill myself like I did when I was on welbutrin.
Sigh. Freakin' apprehension.
Saturday, January 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment