Dear electronic diary,
I've been up working on homework. I'm now feeling accomplished and tired, but I am stubbornly holding off on bedtime.
If I try to sleep now I wont wake up on time to make it to my important class (which, is inconveniently scheduled at the start of my day).
A recap:
Today has been one of the best days so far.
V and I went to Guitar Center to pick up a pretty PA system. The Fender 300 (while being convenient in its portability and an essential tool to her trade) is super freakin snazzy. Everything folds up into this weird rocket ship looking hunk of machinery. It was just so great to see her that ecstatic about something. It's the face I make when I can officially claim some awesome new lens or flash unit as my own. She just had the biggest smile & was ready to start doing backflips. We were, fortunately, in my car, so flipping of any sort wouldn't have been possible.
We also got her kick ass merchandise stuff in the mail that I designed & ordered as part of an early Christmas present. I think I was more excited than she was as we opened the package, but it just made me feel like I did something right when she was admiring everything & when she was showing her mom. It made all those hours I spent designing everything completely worth it just to see this person that I absolutely adore so happy.
I don't think I've ever put in extra effort for anyone I've been in a romantic relationship with to that extent and without actually wanting anything in return. It is the strangest thing. I mean, I don't know what happened. I usually only do stuff if I know I'll get something, usually tangible, for my efforts, but I just wanted to see her act like a little kid on Christmas morning opening presents under the lights & plastic pine tree (cutting down real trees hurt the environment).
On top of that, when she was happy I felt some of that joy. Not as much as her, but enough for me to forget any of the usual feelings of doubt, anxiety, & sadness I usually carry around. It was like that bag full of rocks I carry on my back was put down for a second so I can stretch & take a deep breath. I'm starting to think that maybe if I do more nice things for other people this depression will start to go away. Maybe if I keep making peoples day in some minuscule, insignificant way I could leave those rocks behind in the dust of my footprints. Who knows, it could be worth the try just to one day wake up to find that I wont be weighted down by those metaphoric rocks that I've had all my life. We will see...
Anyway, those were just some minor items. I can't wait to see her reaction when I give her the much cooler stuff I plan on making when the holidays come around :)
Thursday, November 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment